Sunday, September 24, 2006

Snow!


Yep that is right it has been snowing in Abisko village today. It didn't settle but it snowed pretty heavy and we got snowcoverd mountain tops. Looks very pretty indeed. I have finshed my fieldwork for my little project that I am doing. I went in the helicopter to the last lake and it was an amazing view over mountains and the vallyes. It was a very warm day as well (last weekend) and there was no wind so the lake looked like a mirror. Otherwise work is busy which is cool. The tourist station had their closing party last night, so we were there and had some food and drinks. In the bar Pekka Power played covers (seen him 3 times now...so sort of know his list of tunes..). I think the tourist station will open briefly for xmas and new year maybe but otherwise it will be closed until the skiing season starts. It feels like most tourists have left and the village is preparing for winter.
My mum is coming to visit me next weekend, that will be great fun, I am really looking forward to that. Then the weekend after that I am off to the UK and Nottingham to celebrate my 30th birthday, can't believe I am gonna be soooo old but I think the increasing number of grey hairs that are popping up on my head sort of confirms my old age he he he. Otherwise life in Abisko is going along at a nice and steady pace and I feel more settled here now. It was hard in the beginning when I first arrived and I was really unsure if I had done the right move or not. But now with my work being so interesting and I got some friends here things are looking up.

No comments: