So the ice has finally settled on Torneträsk, it is far from completely covered but quite large areas are now icecovered which means ice skating time. I was out yesterday nearby the research station and skating and I reckon the whole village was out on the ice it was wonderful with a pink/purple sky as the backdrop and the mountains. The ice had a very thin layer of snow on top but did not cause any problems when skating. Today a few of us went on another skating adventure for lunch and headed towards pålnoviken and we got a good 10km of skating on the lake. Sometimes this place is just too good to be true, days like these just makes you smile. The days are getting longer and you can already see a change in the light, it is a very good season coming up and I can't wait for the slopes to open up so I can do some downhill skiing. The picture was taken awhile back and it was one of them cold frost days when all the trees just look so lovely. It is actually the view from my balcony, overlooking Torneträsk, not bad I must say.
Monday, January 14, 2008
Skating season on Torneträsk
So the ice has finally settled on Torneträsk, it is far from completely covered but quite large areas are now icecovered which means ice skating time. I was out yesterday nearby the research station and skating and I reckon the whole village was out on the ice it was wonderful with a pink/purple sky as the backdrop and the mountains. The ice had a very thin layer of snow on top but did not cause any problems when skating. Today a few of us went on another skating adventure for lunch and headed towards pålnoviken and we got a good 10km of skating on the lake. Sometimes this place is just too good to be true, days like these just makes you smile. The days are getting longer and you can already see a change in the light, it is a very good season coming up and I can't wait for the slopes to open up so I can do some downhill skiing. The picture was taken awhile back and it was one of them cold frost days when all the trees just look so lovely. It is actually the view from my balcony, overlooking Torneträsk, not bad I must say.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment