So I went down south for the weekend. Got on the train in Abisko wednesday evening and arrive in Lund on thursday evening just a 22 hours long train journey. A bit of a shame that I live furthest up north as it takes ages to get anywhere. Anyhow, I went down to Lund to see Kelly defend her phd-thesis in my old department at Lund uni. Ahh, it was nice to see everyone from my old department again. It is such a lovely place. Kelly did very well in her phd defence and is now a Dr. She had a phd party in the evening which I went to and it was great fun and nice to catch up with some old friends. I stayed with Ramiro for the weekend and after a big night on the friday we did not get up until 2.30pm he he he. Well the friday party only finished at 6am. Ramiro and I had a big fry up and were then ready to take on copenhagen for a clubbing night. And yes Copenhagen is as lovely as ever and there are so many cool places to go to. We ended up in a club called culture box and it was a dub night on but they had another room with some good old house/elektro playing so I got to dance again which made me smile! We got back to Lund around 7am and then I had a few hours sleep before catching the train back to Abisko at lunch time. I felt rather ordinary but I knew I had plenty of sleeping time on the train. And as the train went by Hudiksvall my mum had arranged for Bosse to give me some freshly made cinnamon swirls and some meatballs and pasta, sweet!

Kelly as a happy Dr in Limnology and Marine Ecology.

Kelly's phd-thesis nailed to the ecology building tree.
No comments:
Post a Comment