OK now it has been awhile since I wrote something but finally I get around to it... At the moment I am at my mums place and as you may or may not know she bought a house not long ago. So now she is such a happy house owner and I enjoy being here in the big house he he he. We had a great easter with lots of food (of course) and also some snaps (which I get forced to drink as this is an old Swedish tradtion according to my mum's Swedish history). I also made my huge chocolate cake, mum asked me to make it and this cake is just silly as it has about 2kg of sugar in it!!!! It is very yummie though I must say. Otherwise the weather has been rather cold but with some sunshine so a few sunrays have hit my face. Mum did my highlights the other day and they turned out ok a few too many on top of my head so I look like a "ljushuvud" (light-head not a great translation but anyhow). Tomorrow I have my first driving lesson in Sweden, I am a bit nervous about it. I tried to get my drivers licence in the UK and failed 3 times!!! So understandably I am a bit so so about driving. However I really want my licence and have to try and get it this summer.
Yesterday I was chatting and seeing my aussie friends (Benny, Tb and Watto) over skype. Man you have to love the internet! I was showing them around my mums place (the beauty of wireless and an inbuilt camera) and chatted to them for awhile, cool fun.
Workwise, things are OK however my trip to Umeå was a bit of a downer as I had the wrong electron microscope grids and had to order some new ones and they were meant to arrive with express delivery. We ordered them on the monday (from the UK) and they turned up at lunch time on the friday!!! So if you ever want express delivery don't ever use fedex as they suck arse! So this means I have to go down to Umeå again to run the electron microscope. Time is going so quickly and I have not got much time left in Abisko so have to get all my work done before finishing there, so I will be busy busy.
Martin my ex flatmate in Lund, now has a blog (http://martindkarlsson.blogspot.com/). He is in Dublin at the moment so check it out.

Putting the icing on the chocolate cake...

Ahhhh I lurv chocolate!
1 comment:
Invånarna i Abisko behöver också en chokladtårta!
Post a Comment