Sunday, June 18, 2006


OK I better correct my previous statement about no mossies.... I went fishing with Anders (the guy on the picture looking happy with his catch) and there were millions of the little blood sucking creatures and any place that was available for them to land on they did, sucking my fingers ears flying into my eye madness. I was ready to scream and fight the little buggers but too many of them he he he. However, if the wind picks up a bit they cannot land so that is good. Apparently they are worst at this time of year, June and July and then in August/September they disappear. Interesting though, there are no mossies around the village, hence my previous statement.
I tried to fish as well however I had no luck but Anders caught two (harr) which we had for dinner with mandelpotatis (special potatoes from the north of Sweden).
I have also found out that the best time to come to Abisko for hiking and enjoy the outdoors is in September when the leaves are turning and then it is meant to look really spectacular.
I have nearly got my flat sorted however I still need to put my hammock up (some of you may know this great hammock I got from Martin and Sabine). My landlord has been checking the ceiling and think it should be ok so he is gonna help me. So soon I will be chilling in my hammock reading books and drinking chai tea he he he.

I will soon put up some photos of my place as well so you can check it out (wanna tidy it a bit so it looks representable lol).

Anyhow, ha det bra min vänner

Christin

No comments: