Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Heatwave!

Blimey it is hot here... the heat is lingering on up here in the sub Arctic. Incredible as it feels more like somewhere in South Europe. Now I know what the rest of Europe have been feeling for most of the summer, bring it on I say. I like the heat. There are a few people saying it is too hot. What I do not understand is that people always complain about the weather (including me), however as the Swedish saying goes... "there is no bad weather only bad clothes" (inget dåligt väder bara dåliga kläder, rhymes in Swedish so a bit more fun then). So tomorrow I am heading south to Halmstad. I am a bit apprehensive about the journey down there as I will travel by train and it will take 24 hours!!! Hopefully I will be able to sleep on the train and it won't be too many people on it. Unfortunately my headphones for my walkman are broke (only soudn in one ear very frustrating) but I will pick some up in Gothenburg. I will have a few hours in the big city to do some bank buisness and check out the shops before heading down to Halmstad. Just had a quick look on the weatherforecast for Halmstad and it is not looking too bad, they have some rain at the moment but looks like it is clearing up so a day on the beach on saturday and sunday I am hoping (saturday some cloud but on sunday a big fat sun he he he). So next week you can all look forward to some photos from Halmstad and Tylösand yippie!

1 comment:

Ben King said...

Sounds like a tough life up there...just been sampling the beer here in the Cyech Republic and it is not bad for 5 spann...

Check out electric picnic in Ireland, Im going and zou should come! Email me...