Thursday, November 16, 2006

No more sun!





So today I got told that now we won't see the sun for awhile... The sunrise is not visible anymore because of the mountains, you can apparently see the sun in Kiruna for a bit longer. As I am typing this (15.18) it is pitch black outside so days are very short at the moment. There is no change in the weather really been around minus 10 or less. Actually on tuesday it was only minus 5 so I was out for a run then as I had had a shitty day at work and the best way to relief some stress is to exercise. I have not been able to isolate any viruses yet however I got some great respond from my phd opponent about what I have done wrong so I will now try the way he does it. A bit hard up here as there are no "dedicated" microbiologists here to confer with. The review paper is going rather slowly at the moment. Sort of just want my holiday now. I think it must be that month when everyone is a little bit annoyed with autumn and it is getting dark as well which do not help. We don't have any good snow here either and no ice on torneträsk so there is not much to do, except work work work. Good things today though; I got a parcel from mum with legwarmers (that she knitted and it only took her a couple of months he he he, last time she knitted something which was a great jumper it took a couple of years so I am impressed as you can understand). I also finally found out what I had been doing wrong for my viral assays what a relief that all my time is not totally wasted. It is now only 21 days left til holiday holiday. I want sunshine and white beaches and plenty of bundy and coke in my glass and then I will be back to normal happy Christin.

No comments: