Sunday, February 18, 2007

Skiing weekend

This weekend has been a very relaxing one. On friday evening we (Camilla, Laura, Eric, Carola and Björn) enjoyed some fried white fish (sik) fillets and potatoes. They had been caught locally here in Torneträsk. It was very yummie. And for desert Camilla had brought some cakes that her mum had made, sponge cake with a cloudberry coating on top very nice indeed. Saturday I spent cleaning my flat which was very dirty yuck.

Then I went for a skii to the tourist station and out on Torneträsk which now has a thick layer of ice (probably about half a meter I think). The weather was so so, nice temperature around minus 10 but overcast. There were a few skiidos on the ice as well, they were out there to set up nets under the ice. The skiidos looks like so much fun I reckon. Then in the evening on saturday I cooked myself a nice meal with my chillies from Santa Fe mmmm hot and spicy. I also made a walnutcake which I have far from finished so will bring into work tomorrow. It was snowing during the most of the night and when I woke up today we have about another 40cm fresh snow outside and the sun was shining so it was time to put on the skiis again =) But before that I caught Benny on skype and he was not at his best as he had come of his motorbike, poor thing. He had spent saturday night in hospital but was back home today with a broken shoulder, in pain and bruised. I hope he will recover quickly. It is hard when something like that happens when I live on the other side of the world, feel a bit useless as I cannot do anything to help him. Anyhow he seemed to be in good spirit, considering what he had been through.

So now I have just got back from another journey on my skiis and today the sun was out so very nice to be out and about. However, as usual I have problems with keeping my bum warm!




























Coming back to my house in Abisko. I wonder when all the snow will melt....

No comments: