So it has been awhile since I posted something but had nothing cool or new to report. Got back from Santa Fe, New Mexico yesterday and on my way to Sweden the airlines somehow lost my luggage. So now I am waiting for it to turn up... never had any luggage disappear before. I blame it on the US he he he. Anyhow the conference was a success and I got some new cool contacts and Santa Fe is a lovely little town with a lot of mexican influences so it didn't really feel like being in the US to be honest. I have finally got some feedback on a very dragged out submission of one of my manuscripts that was part of my phd-thesis and yes finally there is a journal that will accept it. I have to do some major changes though but I reckon I can cope with that.
The sun is back in Abisko and you can really tell that the lighter times are on the way, the days are getting longer for each day that passes. When I left work today I saw some amazing northern lights, I think they look so cool. It was pretty intense but only green colour. Never seen any red or purple here as I did down south. It is rather chilly outside around minus 17 which is a big change from the spring like weather I experienced in Santa Fe. I was planning on going to UmeƄ next week to analyse some of my samples under the TEM however looks like they have no film which means I cannot take any photos of my infected bacteria. I will wait a bit and start up something in the lab. I have got some new motivation from talking to "like-minded" virus people at the conference and will try again to see if I can isolate a virus unique to Abisko lakes. It would be so cool if it would work.
I find it real tireing to travel now, I must be getting old. I woke up mega early this morning (2am) and could not go back to sleep so stayed up reading until 4am then tried to sleep but without any luck so back up at 5am so a very long day at work today but surprisingly I did manage to get heaps done. I hope I will have a full nights sleep tonight though. I am probably still suffering a little from jetleg I reckon.
Tuesday, February 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment