As you may or may not know, I live about 10m away from the traintrack and there is a constant flow of trains carrying iron ore from Kiruna to Narvik passing by at all hours of the day! I have sort of got used to it now and really you cannot hear them that much in the back room (where my bedroom is). However, recently they are doing some repairs and "updating" the railtrack so there has been even more noise... early this morning around 4am I woke up, it is possible that it was not actually the train that woke me but once awake I could not go back to sleep. They seem to just sit there with the train (some type of repair train I imagine it is as it just sits there for ages with engines on of course). It was very frustrating and as most of you know I adore my sleep and anything/anyone interfering with that is in big trouble. Anyhow this repair of the track will continue through the summer and then it will become a bit better I imagine. In regards to the iron ore trains I have counted 52 train carriages filled with ore pellets going up to Narvik and I think they run about 5 times a day, man they must have shitloads of ore in Kiruna. No wonder they have to move the whole city as apparently the city is collapsing as they are digging underneath it. Incredible! As you understand of my new great hobby there is extremely little to do here, I mean I have reverted to counting trains come on who could have predicted I would become a trainspotter he he he.
Christin aka the trainspotter =P
Thursday, July 20, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment