So again the internet has been down and as it is the summer vacation time things are taking time to get fixed… The weather here has been rather ordinary, cold, windy and wet. It is quite funny as the rest of
On my bike to work today I was getting cold hands so nearly time to bring out the gloves!!!
At work I have tested out the tangential flow filtration system they got here, will use it to concentrate viruses from the lakes, so running some small tests at the mo. I am also counting viruses from the lakes that have been sampled in Västerbotten and also some of the lakes from up here, so there are a few things to do at work. The crew that I was sampling with in Västerbotten are back here in Abisko to sample some high alpine lakes however they got back this afternoon from an unsuccessful sampling trip as it was too windy for them to get out on the lake and they said they had very little sleep in their tent as it was making lots of noise during the night due to the wind. Reminds me of the time in the tent on
I had some good news from Mr Winkle (a guy that was down in the Antarctic when I was there), he is getting married in March and I got an invite to the wedding so I am considering heading South to be there for his big day.

No comments:
Post a Comment