
We have had a few days with glorious sunshine and it has resulted in a summer feel to the whole village. Sunshine always makes people happier. On friday night there was a bbq on the beach of torneträsk just below the research station. Phil, a german guy that has been working a lot on the station arranged it and had been fishing over in Norway so had heaps of "sej" (saithe in English) that we put on the barbie. It was a very nice evening and we stayed up seeing the sun disappear behind the mountains. The photo is taken around midnight and still there is light, you can however tell that the days are getting shorter and that autumn is on its way. As I had not yet had a flat warming party I told people to come around the following night to my place. It was a pretty low key party, not like any of the big parties at Vildanden he he he. Today the rain has come, so our summer days were shortlived but you never know we may get more sun and warmth. Oh yea, one interesting thing is that I think I may have become a little used to the mossies as now the bites do not seem to itch as much as they did in the beginning of the summer.

No comments:
Post a Comment