Yesterday I went for a walk in the Kärgevagge valley with some people from the station (Renate, Claire, Olga and Rick). We went with car to Låktajåkka and then walked from there to Vassijaure and then headed into the Kärgevagge valley and then finally Trollsjön (the lake on the photo) and then back down to Låktajåkka. The first part of the walk we had wonderful sunshine and it was very humid so plenty of mossies then when we reached trollsjön the clouds came down (as you can see in the photo) and then the rain just poured down so we got rather wet walking back to the car. The Kärgevagge valley was beautiful, reminded me of some type of lord of the ring landscape, not seen anything like that before. But the people I was walking with said it looked similar to the landscape in NZ. Trollsjön is the clearest lake in Sweden apparently and it has this sort of dark turquoise look to the water which makes it look very spekky indeed, I did consider swimming in there but soon changed my mind after feeling how cold it was brrr. The area around Abisko is meant to have very low percipition but since I have been here it has rained quite a bit, mainly drizzle but yesterday was the first heavy rain I have experienced. They (the station, ANS) have a cabin in the Kärgevagge valley which I think it is possible to stay in, not sure how they would access this cabin in the winter time??? But now in the summer it is very nice and an easy walk there.I am putting up some photos from the walk so you can check out the landscape, hope you will enjoy it!
Love Christin

No comments:
Post a Comment