
Over the weekend I managed to squeeze in a boat trip on Torneträsk with Peter and Peter and then I went on a hike with Anders to the area around nissonjhoka where we also camped for the night before heading to a little hill called Nissonsnuohkki (the names of the places around here are beyond me, I cannot possibly remember them...). It was pretty good hiking weather we only had a bit of rain in the night whilst in the tent, so then it didn't matter. It was a nice hike and not too many mossies as it was a little windy so that kept them away. I still think that Kärkevagge valley where Trollsjön is situated is a bit more dramatic than the area around nissonjhoka (it is a river by the way). So it was a weekend with some outdoor activities for me. And today I had my first full month wages which I was pretty gutted about after the taxman had took his share of 33%, ludicrous to live in Sweden. Taxes on everything, wages, alcohol, food everything!!! Sweden is a very very very expensive place! Anyhow, I have today booked a little trip down to my old hometown Halmstad to visit Tina Lina for her 30th birthday so hopefully I will be able to enjoy the beach and some sunshine and party with my good friend. I am also organising a moving in party at my place here in Abisko for saturday as I have not yet had one since I got here. Otherwise, the weather has been reasonable here and we have actually enjoyed some sunshine which has been a nice change.

No comments:
Post a Comment