Friday, October 06, 2006

Journey has begun

Now in Stockholm, Arlanda airport. I got up very early this morning in Kiruna and was meant to share a taxi with this spanish couple (the receptionist had organised it) but when I got out from the youth hostel in the morning the taxi was just leaving, I waved and shouted but got ignored and the taxi left... As I have just today changed my mobile over to Telia (better coverage than vodafone up in Abisko) my phone was not working... so no chance of calling a taxi!! But this old lady was just passing and witnessed the whole thing and she was so kind to call a taxi for me. I must say I am amazed with how friendly people are in the north, they are relaxed, take their time and never get stressed about things. It must be this beautiful nature that makes them such a nice breed. Anyhow I got my flight and now I have to wait in Stockholm for yonks.
I found out from my friend, Vicky, in Nottingham that her twins had just got chicken pox. So the last couple of days I have been trying to find out if I had had it. It seems that I was a very healthy little child and my mum or dad had no memory of me ever having chicken pox (vattenkoppor) but mum just called me and informed me that oh yes in her diary on the 20th of May 1980 I got chicken pox. This is real good news as now I can see both Vicky and the growing twins.
I am gonna have to read my book for a bit now as my flight to Copenhagen leaves at 13.00. Really the flight time is not very long it is just the waiting between flights....

No comments: