I have spent the evening reading my Antarctic livejournal that I printed out tonight. When I was down in the Antarctic I wrote a diary, sort of similar to this one, about what I did and how I felt. It still fascinates me how touched I am about my stay in the Antarctic, I found myself being very emotional when I was reading some sections of it and also laughing at some of the things we did down there. I know it is nearly 3 years since I went down there now but I still remember it all so clearly. I am so glad that I wrote down my experience there as when I get old and maybe my memory is not as good I still can read it and it will all be like it was just yesterday….
I am very happy to go over to Australia again and get a chance to meet my old Antarctic family. Maybe because I am up here and the winter is coming and it is cold and sort of similar feel to it as in the Antarctic I am finding myself thinking a lot about my time in the Antarctic and the people I met down there.
Monday, October 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment