The funniest thing happened today at fika. Right the story goes as follows. Upstairs in the fika room there is a tomato plant which had one tomato growing on it and it was ready, I noticed it the other day. However today at morning fika, I found out that this tomato had been taken by someone ahh shock horror. Everyone got questioned but noone as yet owned up to stealing this little tomato. Why is this so funny then... well we had a tomato thief in the Antarctic as well and it just reminded me so much of this event that took place down south. Hilarous made me giggle.
So the last students from the Autumn course have now left and I think there is only about 10 of us left now working on the station (not 100% if that is the right number but there are about 10 people left at fika in the morning so they are the people I am counting).
I have innoculated some of my bacterial cultures with lake water in the hope of isolating a virus. I would be surprised if it worked but you never know... I will keep you all updated on this.
Thursday, October 26, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment